Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Headed to Indiana today

We got a call this morning to come for the pre-radiation stuff today and tomorrow.  So we are driving now to Indy to have the high resolution MRI taken tonight.  6:30-9:30 tonight.  3 hours of no movement laying in the MRI machine :) 

Tomorrow morning I get fitted with the "mask" to hold my head during radiation treatments and have a CT scan at IU.  Then we can hopefully finalize the housing decision and have those arrangements made.

The current schedule for my treatments is July 18 - September 13.

Each day continues to get better for me.  I was able to go in to work for 3 hours yesterday and today.  For right now, that's the perfect amount and I can keep up on what is happening and keep my mind active.  Walking is getting easier each day, but I still feel like I'm walking on a boat and the floor is shifting around.  Others who go a few days between seeing me say that my face is improving, but it's hard for me to tell a difference from day to day.  Eating is a little better, but I tried eating a salad for lunch and bit my lip about 30 times.

Thanks again for your prayers & support.  We really can feel them and appreciate them very much.

Derek & Leann

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a few hours to keep your mind active. Gab and I continue to lift you and the family up in our prayers.
    Much love,
    Brian and Gab

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Eph. 3:20-21 You are in our thoughts and prayers so often. We love you all.

    p.s. We got the chickens; they're doing fine. Let us know when you need eggs...we'll deliver. :)

    ReplyDelete