Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Morning

Nothing profound to report today.  We had a really nice day yesterday.  I was able to spend time with my potlock men yesterday morning, and then worked on some office work around home during the day.  Mom & Dad dropped by for a bit and we caught up on their week.  Then spent a few hours with my brothers before going to Leann's parents for supper with her family.

In general my early mornings have been a bit rougher getting up.  I feel really stiff and somewhat pained for the first hour or so.  It's hard to know what is due to tumor continuing to grow vs trying to ramp down steroids and medications after surgery.  Once I get going I feel pretty good and am able to sit up function "normally" for longer stretches now.  I did get overwhelmed yesterday late afternoon, but we got a little carried away with a lot of planning and details for next week.  Just pray I can have wisdom to not take on too many things at once here.

Hoping to see many of you in church today.  Right now I'm enjoying Leann's piano playing and sitting in front of the fire.  We both got up early this morning and just enjoyed the time sitting together, reading from Isaiah, and just talking about the future.  Even when the future is uncertain, it is still refreshing to talk about dreams we have and how we would like to spend our future energies.

We just continued to be humbled by the prayers and support and encouragement we feel from so many of you, and I don't really know how to thank you, but please rest assured that we can feel it, and it does help so much.

Love,
Derek & Leann

No comments:

Post a Comment