Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Vacation and now surgery

We had a very nice getaway to the Ozarks last week, and this week are saying good-bye to Doug's family as they are moving back to CA.  God's hand has been in so much of our lives, big and little.  His timing of Derek's death and having family be able to be around during the funeral time has really helped me see the goodness of Derek's passing, even though I grieve.  We enjoyed boating, swimming, Lainey's 2-year birthday, and adults out to dinner overlooking the lake.  Aunt Helen accompanied me, kept me awake when driving, and stayed in during naptime so we could maximize our time together.  I'm so thankful for being surrounded by dear loving family and friends.  I'm overwhelmed by cards, gifts, acts of service, and compassion that each of you share because of Jesus and His love.  Last Sunday morning, I felt Derek's presence, like he was holding my hand, and it was such a gift.  We've proceeded with life as much as possible the same as if Derek had been here.  It seems good to carry out any plan he had made with me.

On my thyroid nodule...  The surgeon was on the fence about removing it, but because I'm having symptoms related to it (coughing, sore throat, discomfort, and anxiety whether it truly is benign), we are going to go ahead with surgical removal of it tomorrow morning.  If things go as expected, I will be in surgery around 8:30a for about 2 hours and in the hospital overnight, arriving home Friday.  Life isn't always as expected though, is it?  So, I trust God's will to be done and am praying for a simple procedure and recovery.  Pray for Lexi, Wesley, Whitley, Lainey, and their caretakers.  The kids have each had their own forms of stress and grief, but I believe are doing well in light of the circumstances.  We finish up swim team with one last meet for Lexi and Wesley on Saturday.  Whitley and Lainey are just happy if they are jumping on the trampoline and dressing up.  Wes prefers to be building his tree house or picking the garden.  Lexi loves organizing a "school" lesson in the living room for her cousins and being near me to lend comfort.

We are thankful for your prayers and lots of love.
Leann

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you Leanne and praying for a successful operation and smooth recovery- God is with you - such a comfort in times of distress- He has each of you right in the palm of His hand. Our love and prayers- The Knoblocks

    ReplyDelete