Thursday, August 11, 2011

Half Done!


With today’s treatment, I have 18 out of 35 treatments completed, so now I’m halfway done!  We are looking forward to a long weekend in Eureka as the treatment center is closed Friday for maintenance.  So I had my treatment at 10 this morning and now we are driving home.

In general I am feeling pretty good.  I had a little more nausea this week but I was only taking one pill a day, so I’ll up it to 2 a day next week.  I have had very few headaches the last week so that helps a bunch.  I think my hair is finished falling out.  It only took a few days for it to come out and then it stopped.  I was surprised by how large the area is.  It’s not very visible from the front but on the right side it covers the lower side of my head behind my ear.  There were a few days where I was kind of discouraged about it, but I’m getting used to it now.  When I see someone in public with a more serious handicap, I’m reminded that looking a little funny with some missing hair is really not anything to complain about.

We were blessed with quite a few visitors since last week’s update.  We are keeping busy so the time is really flying by quickly.  I’ve been worrying some about trying to adjust back to “normal” life when we get home.  I know everyone will be patient with me, but I’m finding that multi-tasking doesn’t work at all.  When things are panicked around the house, it really gets to me quickly and I immediately get a headache and have to lay down.  I’m hoping this is only temporary as my normal work and home routines are ones that can be hectic.

Thanks again for your prayers and support.  We continued to be overwhelmed by the cards and the love shown us by the Indy congregation during our stay here.
Derek & Leann, Lexi, Wesley, & Whitley

1 comment:

  1. So thankful that God is continuing to send you encouraging visitors and cards at just the right moments. I enjoy your view on hairloss, keep up the positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete