Friday, March 16, 2012

9th Anniversary

Thursday was one of the harder days I’ve had.  The skin on my ear continued to get worse.  The main thing though was that I just felt tired all day.  I’ve had a hard time sleeping very long at night lately.  I wake up and can’t fall back to sleep, but still feel tired all day.  This is somewhat common with radiation.  I have to admit I was getting a little discouraged.  Leann’s parents got here before supper, and we went out to eat together.  Then they kept the kids at their motel and gave Leann and I a night off.  That was nice as we could sleep in.

Today I rode the exercise bike when I got up, and stayed more active through the day.  I felt a lot better and less fatigued.  We went fishing and caught a few little ones, nothing great.  Whitley even enjoyed reeling in her pink princess fishing pole.  After treatment today I noticed quite a bit of difference in how I felt, the smells didn’t seem as bad and I didn’t feel as nauseated.  So this excited me quite a bit.

Thanks to everyone who sent anniversary cards.  Today is our 9th wedding anniversary.  The best gift was last night as we were laying in bed, Leann started recounting many of the memories of 9 years.   Places we’ve gone on vacations and things we’ve done  together.  She was saying it out of appreciation for all the memories.  It just made me cry to think of all the good times.  Of course, there were times that were not easy and some times that were even hard, at the time, but looking back now, we really are thankful for a bunch of good memories.  Tonight we went out for dinner together while Leann’s parents watched the kids.

Love,
Derek & Leann

4 comments:

  1. Derek and LeAnn,
    Sorry I missed you Sunday, but glad to be staying up to date with your blog. I know you are enduring deep challenges, and pray for you continually. Your comment about how LeAnn recounted the positives, was really important (for ALL of us). I was just in Brazil, and they told me that in Sao Paulo there are now 5 million people living in shanty towns!! No heat, no air conditioning, no power in many cases... they live in squalor. What I don't know too much about, is if these people have any insight into God's plan for each of them...

    Keep looking at the positives, I think Willis Ehnle said once (something like this) - "We have it very good now, and it only gets better from here"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still hear Brother Willis saying "The BEST is yet to COME!!!"

    We continue to remember you often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you dear ones. The verse on my mind today (in conjunction with our communion service) is: "Deny yourselves, and take up your cross daily, and follow me". You have helped teach us this.

    In Christian love, Kevin and Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are still remembering you in prayer. May you feel God's nearness daily.
    -Paul and Betsy

    ReplyDelete